Thursday, October 2, 2014

*Beauty and the Mustache by Penny Reid Knitting in the City #4

Tour Banner2

Beauty and the Mustache
by Penny Reid Knitting in the City #4
Publication Date: August 28, 2014
Genres: Contemporary, Humor, Romance

Blitz and Tour: Beauty and the Mustache by Penny Reid
Purchase from AmazonPurchase from B&NPurchase from KoboPurchase from iBookstore

Synopsis

There are three things you need to know about Ashley Winston: 1) She has six brothers and they all have beards, 2) She is a reader, and 3) She knows how to knit. Former beauty queen, Ashley Winston’s preferred coping strategy is escapism. She escaped her Tennessee small town, loathsome father, and six brothers eight years ago. Now she escapes life daily via her Amazon kindle one-click addiction. However, when a family tragedy forces her to return home, Ashley can’t escape the notice of Drew Runous— local Game Warden, bear wrestler, philosopher, and everyone’s favorite guy. Drew’s irksome philosophizing in particular makes Ashley want to run for the skyscrapers, especially since he can’t seem to keep his exasperating opinions— or his soulful poetry, steadfast support, and delightful hands— to himself. Pretty soon the girl who wanted nothing more than the escape of the big city finds she’s lost her heart in small town Tennessee. This is a full-length novel, can be read as a standalone, and is the fourth book in the 'Knitting in the City' series.

Add to Goodreads


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I fell in love with Penny's writing when I read the first book... Her writing is like no other author.  Before Picking up Beauty and the Mustache I was told that it was different and not like her other books, and it is very true.  It is more emotionally charged, deeper and in my opinion the best book she has written so far.

Ashley goes home when she finds out her mama is sick and in the hospital and isn't taking visitors only to find out that she is dying and has only a short time to live.  Drew has become a friend of Ashley's family in the years she has been away and holds a special place in her mama's heart.

I can't imagine how it would feel to be put into this situation, but the emotions that were brought out by Penny's writing were intense.  This book brought tears to my eyes a few times, but the emotions brought out ran the gambit.  Finding humor in a situation that is so tragic is something that few people could do well, but I found myself laughing at times, having my heart strings tugged on more than just a little and as with all of Penny's books that I have had the pleasure of reading it made my brain work a little harder..

The relationship that is built between Ashley and Drew is a very special one.  I really enjoyed this book and I hope that you will love it too <3 br="">



Penny Reid- All Covers  
(click on photo to learn more about the series)

About Penny Reid

Author-Photo-Penny-Reid-300x300

SEX! It all started with sex, between my parents. Personally I don’t like thinking about it, but whatever works for you is a-ok with me. No judgment. The sex happened in California and much of my life also occurred in that state until I moved from the land of nuts (almonds), wine, silicon… boobs, and heavy traffic to the southeast US. Like most writers I like to write, but let’s get back to sex. Eventually I married and gave birth to 2 small people-children (boy-6, girl-4 as of this writing).
By day I’m a biomedical researcher with focus on rare diseases. By night I’m a knitter, sewer, lino block carver, fabric printer, soap maker, and general crafter. By the wee hours of the morning or when I’m intoxicated I love to listen to the voices in my head and let them tell me stories. I hope you enjoy their stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment